Monday, September 21, 2015

Ideology Inventory


      Based on the Inventory quiz, I identified as Critical Youth Development. I agree with the description given in the Ideology Horoscope, as well as some key points stated in the Positive Youth Development description. I learned that I tend to focus on the engagement between youth and the outside world. I do not agree that teens are "legitimate actors" as described in the belief section in the Ideology Horoscope. I would say teens are risk takers whom don't think twice about speaking which then can put them in regretful situations.
      My personal values when it comes to Youth Work are Safe Environment, Partnerships, and Positive Relationships as well as a few others like being the voice for young children. These come from my personal experience in my young adulthood years in middle and high school. These values are what my mentors had and made a positive influence in my teen years. 

1 comment:

  1. I identified with Positive Youth Development, but like you said, that doesn't mean you agree entirely with the type of Youth Work you identified most with; keyword is most!! Although I identified with a different type of Youth Work, I am fully aware of where you are coming from and agree with Critical Youth Development just as much as Positive!

    ReplyDelete